Wednesday, September 2, 2009

meat!!!

So I have been a vegetarian since July 29, and for most of the time it was going great. For the first few weeks, I had so much energy & a lot of the problems I was having were gone. Within the past week and a half or so, I have become so tired and drained no matter what I do. I can sleep for 8 hours a night and wake up in the morning feeling like I could pass out for 8 more. Because of being so exhausted, I have been feeling very sick. I have caught myself dry-heaving, dealing with bad headaches, and feeling very nauseated. Feeling like this has led me to make the hardest decision of going back to eating meat. I've made a compromise between eating meat and being a vegetarian. I am going to eat meat for two meals out of the week, possibly more than that. I'm going to have to figure out how many meals I eat a week, and only eat about 1/3 of those with meat. I still want to lead a majority vegetarian diet, but I'm wanting to see if the lack of the things I can get from meat is whats causing these feelings. I had been taking vitamins, but I am allergic to them or something because I broke out in a rash. So no more of those for me. Being a vegetarian and not being able to take vitamins is not good. I really don't want to do this, but it could just be that being a total vegetarian isn't cut out for me. I am only going to eat chicken, turkey, or fish. I've never been a big beef or pork person to begin with, but those are the meats that cause a lot of issues. I have read all of the things that meat can do for you, but I also know that anything is okay in moderation. I'm hoping that it all works out well. If it doesn't work out, then I'll go back to being a vegetarian and try to find a different vitamin to take. Maybe GNC will be helpful.

To be honest, part of me started this vegetarian thing to lose weight, but I know that I can lose weight regardless of if I eat meat or not. Being a vegetarian for a month has helped me stop eating all the crap I was eating. I used to eat fast food multiple times a day, and within the past month I've only had fast food (keep in mind I don't include Subway as fast food, I'm talking Taco Bell, McDonalds, Wendy's, etc. The non-healthy ones..) about 5-6 times. I'm still not going to go to the meatier fast food places even though I am eating meat again. Fast food is a whole other different situation. They are gross, and I can't imagine going back to that. I think the fast food was what caused me to have the back pain and stomach issues. I ate wayyyy too much of it.

This has been my first week of school, and it has been exhausting. I have a lot of education classes, and three of them include observation hours at a school. So I have been trying to get all my crap together to do my background check for that. I'm kinda excited about it though because I get to do my observations at one of my old schools, so that makes me happy. So far I don't mind most of my classes. I'm hoping to get back my Dean's List status this semester. I had a very rough semester last semester and it caused me to lose my Dean's List standing, and I've actually been without it for a few semesters. It is my long-term goal for this fall. :).

I'm hoping to get back to the gym today. My calves are still killing me, but I feel like I just need to work through the pain. I need to just suck it up and go! Suck it up and go! Suck it up and go!

My dog is making little twitching motions in her sleep. Hahahah awww! This is my doggie!!

Her name is Honey, I call her Honey Bun. We adopted her from an animal shelter like 4 years ago or something. I forget how long it has been. We were told that she is a husky/beagle mix. We don't believe them for a second. I really want to get her DNA tested to find out b/c I have no idea. Since I work with dogs, I see all of these different dog breeds all the time, and I always find different things in different breeds that remind me of her. You can't tell in the pic, but she is white and tan. Based off her coloring, she looks like a Corgi mix, but who knows. :)

Off for now, but maybe going to the gym later. I'll let ya know how that goes. Have a good day!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Can you do fish and chicken and leave out red meat for maybe just once a week? That would give you good sources of protein. Sooooo glad to see a photo of the cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been awarded! http://lwfm.blogspot.com/2009/09/honest-scrap-award.html

    ReplyDelete