Monday, August 31, 2009



Hi! This is me! My name is Sara. I'm 21 years old, and will be 22 in October. I'm in college, not really sure what year. It is hard to explain. I changed my major late, and so it is going to take me 5 years and a semester rather than 4 years. I'm majoring in Elementary Education (K-3) and Special Education (K-12). My school offers a dual degree for the same amount of work, so why not have both just in case right?
I was born in Fort Worth, Texas, and I moved to Memphis when I was ten years old. My parents got divorced, and my mom rocked our world by moving here. I love Texas, and I'm proud to be from there. I also have Memphis pride, don't get me wrong, but Texas will always be home! I have 2 older brothers, a little sister, and a little brother. My younger siblings are on my dad's side so I never see them, but I am very close to my 2 older brothers. One of them is still in Texas, and the other is living here in Memphis. I don't have a lot of family, but what I do have I hold very dear to my heart. My mom is my best friend, and honestly, I usually have more fun with her than I do with other people. You might think it is lame, but I usually don't even think that I am with my mom. She likes to say that we are like Lorelei and Rory on Gilmore Girls. I have never been close to my dad, and especially after they got divorced. He lives in Nebraska. We kept in contact for awhile with visits & phone calls, but now I haven't seen him in 4 years, and I haven't talked to him since Christmas. I'm sure I will talk more about my dad later.
I'm really passionate about music and photography. I play piano and sing, and I can usually tell you who sings the song, what the name is, and when it came out. I'm like an encyclopedia on a lot of different genres (not everything though!). I started playing piano when I was nine. I should have been classically trained. I stopped taking lessons when I was ten because I outgrew my teacher & would have had to find a classically trained pianist to train me. I was ten at the time, and wanted to be a kid. I still play on my own time though. I love all different genres of music. If you looked at my iTunes library.. you'd probably thinkg I'm nuts. I have everything. Photography is my art. I have been taking photos since I was a kid. I remember starting off with the Fisher Price kid's camera, and it has grown from there. I can do digital & film. I can only do black & white in film. Eventually, after I have my degree in Education, I want to take up photography as a side job. Shoot weddings, babies, family portraits, senior pictures.. those kinds of things. I love nature shots, and I'd love to do pet portraits. I'll probably put up some of my stuff.
I'm a HUGE animal lover!!! Dogs, cats, penguins, zebras, lions, polar bears, manatees, whales.... etc. I was a biology major to be a zoo vet or a regular vet, but I didn't enjoy it because it was more about people than animals & I don't care about people. (as far as medicine goes) I'm one of those people that believes animals are better than people (most people). I work with dogs and cats, and it is frustrating but awesome all at the same time. The dogs are what keep me there. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't still be at PetSmart. I'll probably end up owning acres of land with lots of animals one day, and the idea of that makes me HAPPY! :)
I love life. I'm a bit of a homebody, but I also like to go out with my friends. I think I get overlooked sometimes b/c people assume I want to stay home, but I'll go out. I just like my sleep as well, and if I have to work early.. I'm going to get my sleep. But I love running errands, and going out to do things. I love shopping, but if I don't have money then I don't mind just walking around. I can spend hours in Barnes & Noble and not buy a thing.
I'm probably one of the nicest people. I'm silly and goofy. I have a huge personality, but I can be shy as well when first meeting somebody. I love to make my friends & family laugh and for them to be happy. I'm always happy if they are.

Anyways.. I guess that is me in a nutshell. I'm so much more complex than this, but those are the main things I guess. :)

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing and thanks for commenting. i really really appreciate it. more than i can find the words. how's the pupster? all better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah she's good. i guess she just had a stomach virus or 24 hr bug. i dont know, but she was pretty much better in about 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete