Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Yes, I'm still alive. I haven't posted in awhile, though I'm not really sure if anyone even reads this thing... so it may not matter anyway that I'm updating, but oh well.

I have been a vegetarian for two weeks now. It has been going pretty well. I have actually been really enjoying eating all of the fresh veggies and fruits rather than meat. I have experimented with some new foods that I have never had before, and it is has been a lot of fun.

The vegetarianism thing is just one portion of my weight-loss plan (made by myself). I'm not following any sort of plan set out by a company or nutritionist. I'm doing this all on my own based on the knowledge that I have received in previous weight-loss efforts that were semi-successful. I mean it is really all just common sense. I'm cutting out fried foods, with the occassional allowance. I don't believe in cutting something out completely, except for the whole meat thing, but as part of a diet plan, cutting something out totally usually just sets you up for disaster. I'm also wanting to cut out sodas and drink more water. I'm already drinking about 34 oz of water a day. Sodas just hold in so much water, not to mention how bad that much caffeine is for you and the carbonation.

I have also started to add in my workouts. My doctor wants me to work out for 30 minutes a day, but since I haven't worked out in a really long time I'm working up to that. I love my gym b/c people just go in, work out, and leave. They don't hang around, bring their children, and have social hour. They don't care what you look like or what you're doing. It is very nice. I am addicted to the elliptical machine, so that's usually what I do. I don't like the monotonous of treadmills, and I don't like bikes b/c I feel like I'm just sitting there. I just like how the elliptical machines work. I did it for 16 minutes tonight at a decent pace, so I got my heart rate above the targeted heart rate for most of the work out, and I burned 200 calories. (not even close to my pig out at chili's today, but still its a good amount)

I'm just really excited about this whole thing, and I feel like I'm really going to do this for real this time. I have a Dr.'s appt at the end of the month, so I will find out how my efforts have been going. My first goal is to break a certain number that I haven't been under in a loong time. :)

1 comment: