Friday, August 28, 2009
my doggie
I'm worried about my doggie. She started throwing up yesterday morning. She did it three times at once and then didn't do it for a long time. Then she threw up two more times a few hours later. Then she threw up again around 9 last night. It looks like just stomach acid. Nothing is coming up with it. I called our vet yesterday afternoon & they said no need to worry yet. Just to keep her hydrated, give her some pepto, & feed her bland rice or chicken later that day. She ate the rice & a couple hours later threw it up. She's not acting weird. Just throwing up. We gave her some saltine crackers last night & she seemed to do very well with those. I thought she was all good until she just threw up again. :(. I guess I'm going to take her to the vet. None of us really have the money for it, but it is part of owning a dog right? She's never been sick before. She's not a puppy, and she is current on all of her shots so I know it isn't parvo or anything like that. I work with dogs, so I see this kinda thing all the time, but they are usually better within a couple of hours. She's been going for over 12 hours now. So it is time for the vet. Yayyyyy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I'm by no means an expert. Just experienced in dogs like yourself. My guess is if she's able to keep water down but not food, she has a blockage of something in her stomach or GI tract. Does she like to chew and swallow things she shouldn't? She's not a puppy...hmm. I hope you can get a vet on a Saturday! Keep us posted please.
ReplyDelete