Helloooo
So part of the reason why I have started this blog is to help journal and track how my new venture is going. As any of you who have seen me in person can tell.. I'm overweight. Maybe that's an understatement. What you probably don't know is that a lot of the reason why I am overweight is not because I overeat or am lazy, but because my body produces too much insulin and causes me to hold onto weight. I haven't gained weight in years!.. which is good, but I haven't lost much either. I have insulin resistance (that's what it is called when your body produces too much of it). I have to follow a diabetic's diet, without having to do the insulin shots. I'm not supposed to have any sugar, or if I do.. very limited amounts. I take medication for it, and I'm supposed to be dieting to lose weight so I can get off this medicine and be healthy. I haven't really tried except for when I first found out that I had insulin resistance, and I joined Weight Watchers and lost about 20 pounds between Dr.'s appointments. I have to go to the endocrinologist every 4-6 months.. usually 6 b/c I am not a severe case and haven't gained mass amounts of weight or had anything severe happen. I have to get lots of bloodwork done, weighed, measured.. and all that good stuff. Needless to say, it is a pain.
Recently, I have given myself a big kick in the ass, and it has hit me what I am headed towards. My dad had a massive heart attack about 2 years ago. He survived, but barely. He had to get a quintuple bypass (that's 5!!!), and now has to have a defibulator. My mom has heart problems. My grandma has heart problems. My other grandma died from congestive heart failure. Though my grandma wasn't overweight... having family members with heart problems mixed with obesity doesn't equal anything pretty. SO---- I am venturing, seriously, into losing this weight. It's going to be hard. I have been overweight my whole life, in some way or another. Though I've always been pretty active, to some extent. I'm not wanting to have to cut anything out except for fried foods, or cut back on them a lot. I'm a busy girl. I'm always going going.. never really home for meals. So I eat out a lot... there's nothing wrong with that, but I should try to have healthier options at these places instead of having a burger and french fries... I could go to Subway and get a sandwich and apples.
My endo wants me to start back on weight watchers at least for a little bit to get back on track. I am pretty sure I am going to do it, at least for a bit. I have one like 5 minutes from my house, and I get a discount b/c I am a student. I have a gym membership to work out with, and I am actually ready for this this time. I am just sick of it. I just really hope that I can do it. I don't want to be a skinny mini.. I want to be curvaceous. Maybe a size 12 or 14. I'm just excited for it now. I don't want to be 30 years old and have serious health problems. I am still healthy at this point, and I need to keep it that way. I just need support. :)
Sorry this is long. Haha. If you read the whole thing.. You're awesome. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment